EMR Meters and Testing
Wherever you are in Australia, we can help you create an EMR-safe environment with our specially-developed test kits that can be used in
the home and workplace. You can hire or purchase our high quality meters and meter packages for identifying your exposure to fields from electrical sources, wireless sources and dirty electricity. You don’t need to be an expert
to use our meters. We’ll support you to obtain the information you need as easily as possible.
Types of meters
We use only good quality, reliable brands of meters. We believe there’s no use you investing in testing equipment that you can’t rely upon.
You can hire or purchase our meters separately or in combinations and the more meters you hire at a time, the greater your saving.
- Wireless meters – to measure fields from mobile phones, cordless phones,
WiFi, wireless baby monitors, ipads, microwave ovens, phone towers, NBN transmitters and other wireless sources
- Magnetic field meters (gauss meters) - to measure fields from electrical sources
such as power lines, transformers, meter boxes, appliances, electrical equipment, conductive water pipes and wiring, microwave
- deTekta dirty electricity meters – to measure dirty electricity from solar panels,
- Home Test Kit – to measure fields from both electrical and wireless sources
You will receive considerable benefits from using our meters.
- You can use the meters to measure your exposure in different locations – in your home and at your workstation.
- You can ring us to discuss your results and for suggestions about reducing your exposure.
- You can take the measurements at different times of day. This is important because exposure can differ from one time period to another.
- You have the meters for seven days from the date of delivery and this will always include a weekend. That’s plenty of time in which
to conduct the testing and experiment with reducing your exposure.
- You will gain a better understanding of what sorts of equipment generate what sorts of fields and this will help you in making decisions
about future purchases and the best locations to place them.
- You are an active participant in the process and, therefore, better equipped to make decisions that will affect your family and your
How we support you
EMR Australia is genuinely committed to helping you create a safer home and work environment – the reason for which we were established.
To this end, we do our best to support you to obtain the maximum benefit from using our meters:
- Each meter comes with clear and comprehensive information about how, when and where to use the meters for best results, recommended
levels for exposure and simple tips for reducing exposure. The meter also comes with a chart to guide you through the testing process
and help you capture the most important information.
- We provide good quality meters that are easy to use. All you need to do is follow our directions, write down the numbers that appear
on the screen in the charts provided and compare these with the recommended exposure levels.
When we receive your order, we post the next available meter. We do our best to dispatch orders within 24 hours of receiving an order but
this depends on supply and demand at any given time. If you need a meter for a particular date, we suggest you book it early to avoid
disappointment. We send the equipment well-packaged by Australia Post and provide tracking details. We ask you to:
- take good care of the equipment when it is in your care;
- return the equipment well-packaged for transport by post;
- return the equipment on time or pay an additional hire charge.
For more information regarding our Hire conditions, please click here.
How to hire or purchase
You can order the meters online or by contacting our office on 02 9576 1772.
EMR testing page
EMR Australia provides a professional EMR testing service.
Dr Malka Halgamuge is a respected and experienced expert in the field of electrical engineering
who has an interest in the biological effects of electromagnetic radiation. She provides assessments and reports of electromagnetic
exposures for households and businesses throughout Australia.
- She is a Doctor of Philosophy in Electrical Engineering;
- A university lecturer in electrical engineering;
- Author of numerous scientific papers;
- A member of various professional engineering societies;
- Highly experienced in measuring electromagnetic fields.
Some of the projects EMR Australia has undertaken include measurement of electromagnetic fields:
- proposed childcare centres;
- development sites near high voltage power lines and substations;
- workstations in buildings near mobile phone antennas and substations;
- on a vessel with transmitting equipment aboard;
- radiotransmitters carried by council staff;
- electrical equipment in schools;
- industrial welding equipment;
- workstations near tram lines;
- and from on-road sensors.
We invite you to contact us to see how we can be of assistance to you.