Following a lawsuit against a school for exposing a student to wireless radiation, Ashland District has become the first in the US to introduce guidelines for reducing students’ exposure to wireless radiation. On August 25, the District implemented ‘Best Practices for Mobile Devices’, which states:
- Turn off the device when not in use.
- Turn wifi On only when needed.
- Always place the mobile device on a solid surface.
- Viewing distance should be a minimum of 12 inches [30 cm] from the screen.
- Specific product information guides are available by request through the IT Department.
- All classrooms will have best practices posted.
- Please contact the IT Department if you have any questions or need any assistance with any mobile device or in implementing the best practices.
- We ask that staff members regularly remind and instruct students in using best practices in regards to mobile devices.”
About The Author - Lyn McLean is a consumer advocate, author and educator and has been monitoring and writing on the subject of electromagnetic radiation (EMR) for over 20 years. She is the director of EMR Australia.