- A considerable lowering of guidelines and exposure to wireless microwave radiation, to a biologically-based precautionary level, with a peak-level maximum of 0.6 V/m as recommended by the BioInitiative report.
- Information and official warnings for the general public, regarding the health risks from wireless microwave radiation – with emphasis on increased risks for pregnant women and children.
- Warning labels on wireless radiation emitting products and a determination by the producers to design such products to emit as little radiation as possible, and emit radiation only when necessary.
- Restrict and discourage children’s access to, and use of wireless radiation emitting products.
- Electro Hyper Sensitivity must be officially recognized as a functional impairment.
- Enable and respect local community influence on the location of wireless base stations and a full disclosure of all existing and planned wireless base station locations.
- Minimize wireless radiation exposure in public spaces occupied by vulnerable groups, like schools, day care facilities and public transport.
- Establish White-Zones: low-radiation communities where Electro Hyper Sensitive people can live as well as providing financial support for shielding from wireless radiation in existing homes.
- Promote health safe alternatives to wireless technology.
from 'EMR and Health' Dec 2010, vol 6 no 4
About The Author - Lyn McLean is a consumer advocate, author and educator and has been monitoring and writing on the subject of electromagnetic radiation (EMR) for over 20 years. She is the director of EMR Australia.