The Health Committee of the Canadian House of Commons released its report on the safety of radiofrequency radiation following public hearings.
The report, published in December, recommended that:
- the Government fund long-term studies on the health effects of radiofrequency radiation
- the scientific literature be assessed for evidence of risk from this radiation, considering electromagnetic sensitivity and public policies in other countries;
- a comprehensive risk awareness program for exposure to radiofrequency electromagnetic radiation which would include information about the safe use of wireless technologies;
- Health Canada and Industry Canada offer to provide information on exposure to radiofrequency electromagnetic radiation
- Health Canada has a process in place to deal with reports of harm from exposure to RF-devices.
from 'EMR and Health' Mar 2011, vol 7 no 1
About The Author - Lyn McLean is a consumer advocate, author and educator and has been monitoring and writing on the subject of electromagnetic radiation (EMR) for over 20 years. She is the director of EMR Australia.